KK ULTRA bits are the pioneers of modern bits because they have been developed on the basis of scientific research.
They achieve their unique, precise effect through the special 45° angle of the middle link. When used correctly, the horse’s confidence in the rider’s hand is enhanced, which is why these bits are used successfully worldwide in all disciplines and across all training levels – a true all-round talent!
Compared to conventional bits, the middle link has also been shortened. This anatomical adaptation noticeably optimizes the effect compared to conventional double jointed bits.
When the reins are taken up, the middle link – also known as the “lozenge” because of its striking shape – gently rolls over the central part of the horse’s tongue, stimulating its sense of touch. The connecting rings to the middle piece roll softly over the tongue without exerting pressure.
The development of the KK ULTRA bits is based on the results of a measurement of mouth cavities of horses initiated by SPRENGER, carried out by the University of Veterinary Medicine in Hanover. This investigation resulted in groundbreaking knowledge about the space conditions and the position of bits in the horse‘s mouth. In short, the sensitive horse mouth offers little space for a bit. This space has to be used by anatomical adjustments in such a way that a comfortable and effective rein aid is possible for the rider.
- mouthpiece adapted to the anatomy of the horse's mouth, mouth- and tongue-friendly
- 45° angled middle link enables soft but also precise aids
- lies steady in the horse's mouth, gentle on the corners of the mouth
- allows direct pressure transmission on the tongue and lower jaw due to the fixed mouthpiece
- the lateral contact helps horses that tend to fall out whilst riding or approaching an obstacle
- Ring: 80mm
- Thickness: 15mm